The royal estate of Pollenzo is located in the Piazza della Chiesa, Pollenzo - the home of Polenta.
The castle here dates from the 12th century, but has been remodelled in several styles, most notably Neo-Gothic. It is connected to the St Victor's church, which houses the 16th century wooden choir stalls from Staffarda Abbey.
Restoration work was entrusted to Ernest Melano and, from 1832 onwards, to the Genoese Pelagio Palagi, who would later work on Racconigi Castle and the Royal Palace at Turin.
The estate is counted as one of the Residences of the Royal House of Savoy included by UNESCO in the World Heritage Sites list.
The University of Gastronomic Sciences now has its seat in the royal estate of Pollenzo.